Methods of Instruction
The New York Catholic Bible School combines academic knowledge with faith sharing to transform minds and hearts. This integrated learning experience involves both the head and the heart.
A variety of methods of instruction appropriate to adult learning are used:
- Students are assigned weekly reading and reflection, including Scripture passages and biblical commentaries. You can expect to spend approximately three to four hours on each weekly assignment.
- Communal prayer begins each session.
- Small groups discuss that week’s reflection questions.
- An enrichment lecture is provided by a professional instructor.
- Trimester quizzes evaluate and consolidate learning.
The New York Catholic Bible School is directed by Anne D. Malloy, MA, JD. All instructors have Masters' degrees in Scripture or a related field.