Family catechesis has proven to be a powerful experience for thousands of families within the Archdiocese and across the nation. What is family Catechesis?
"Family-centered catechetical programs are opportunities for parents to catechize their children directly, for spouses to catechize each other and for children to catechize one another and their parents” (National Directory for Catechesis #61.2).
Children and teens need to become lifelong Catholics and members of the church which starts by involving the whole family in the life of the church.
Explore the models below to determine what would work best for you, your catechetical team and the families you serve.
- Intergenerational Whole Community Family Catechesis
- Intergenerational Whole Community Family Catechesis (Modified)
- Multi-Media Family Catechesis
- Family Prayer Celebration
- Activity – Centered Family Catechesis
- Family Christian Service Project
- Family Christian Holiday Celebration
- Family Pilgrimage
- Family Retreat Day
Pastors, parish directors leaders of religious education, and interested adults wishing more information on family catechesis may contact:
Director: Catechumenate, Family Catechesis