Transform your parish by catechizing its nucleus- the family!
Family catechesis has proven to be a powerful experience for thousands of families within the archdiocese and across the nation. “What is family Catechesis?” you ask. “Family-centered catechetical programs are opportunities for parents to catechize their children directly, for spouses to catechize each other and for children to catechize one another and their parents” (National Directory for Catechesis #61.2). These pages have been designed to provide you, the Catechist, with some basic guidance, tools and resources geared to aid you in developing your program. We want children and teens to become lifelong Catholics and members of the church which requires we start now by involving the whole family in the life of the church. Explore the models below to determine what would work best for you, your catechetical team and the families you serve.
1. Intergenerational Whole Community Family Catechesis
2. Intergenerational Whole Community Family Catechesis (Modified)
3. Multi-Media Family Catechesis
4. Family Prayer Celebration
5. Activity – Centered Family Catechesis
6. Family Christian Service Project
7. Family Christian Holiday Celebration
8. Family Pilgrimage
9. Family Retreat Day
Pastors, parish directors leaders of religious education, and interested adults wishing more information on family catechesis may contact:
Director: Catechumenate, Family Catechesis